During their time in the Upper School the girls are studying for their GCSE and IGCSE examinations. The options for GCSE are based on what the girls are interested in studying and as a result the majority of girls are able to take up their first choice of subjects. Time is allocated to careers, A Level choice and revision skills through PSHEE. There is also the opportunity for girls to attend University open days aimed at their age group and we also host an Oxbridge dinner for those students thinking of pursuing this path after their A Levels. Girls in the Upper School are offered the opportunity to participate in an exchange with Ruyton School in Melbourne, Australia.
Upper School girls enjoy a number of extra-curricular and social activities throughout the year:
* The Upper School Forum meets with the Head of Year regularly to discuss issues specific to them.
* Girls can start their Bronze Duke of Edinburgh and might start Silver before completing this in the sixth form and going onto Gold.
* As part of Upper School PE many girls have the opportunity to become part of the Junior Sports Leadership Award which gives them the opportunity to develop their skills by teaching and umpiring in prep schools.
* Third formers are involved in our Peer Mentoring Scheme.
* Girls can also be involved in Rotary Youth Interact, working with students
from other local schools.
* The Upper School has strong social links with More House and Salesian College.
ISI Inspection: The school fulfils its aim to build confidence and encourage individuality, in an environment which seeks to develop girls into young women of integrity"