“Tennis is a sport for life. The Prior’s Field Tennis Academy exists to pass this love of tennis on to the whole school community, from all ages of beginner to our elite players.” Jorge Martin Munoz, former UAE Davis Cup Captain and Coach of ATP, WTP, ITF Junior Players; Tennis Performance Director of Prior’s Field Tennis Academy
Tennis coaching at Prior’s Field is available to all levels of player, from those picking up a racket for the first time to those competing at national or international levels. Our coaching options are differentiated as follows:
1) Elite players: pupils demonstrating exceptional tennis ability, ideally with a minimum rating of 8.2, though 9.1 will be considered, at age 11 (year 7).
These girls receive a daily, flexible programme of tennis coaching (including sports physiology, fitness training and nutrition advice) and academic education, individually tailored, on one site.
Typically they follow a timetable that allows for 12 hours coaching a week and need to be able to maintain their academic standards within this framework. Prior’s Field ring-fences 30% of the normal day fees’ paid by each elite player, to cover their coaching costs. The aim of these pupils is to play at a national and international level.
2) Bespoke players: pupils demonstrating high tennis ability, but whose academic timetable is not altered to incorporate tennis. They take individual or group lessons during and after school hours, paid for on a termly basis by parents, and receive a bespoke tennis programme typically allowing for 4 hours coaching a week.
3) Development players: pupils identified as having the ability to play for Prior’s Field as part of an A, B or C team against other schools. They participate in an hour of paid-for group coaching per week, focusing on tactical and match play.
4) Club players: 130 pupils choose to take extra-curricular, paid-for tennis lessons. They are of all abilities and the aim for these pupils is that they should be able to join a club in the future and enjoy tennis for life.
Elite, Bespoke, Development and Club players all benefit from training by the same, top-class coaches.
A range of Prior’s Field scholarships, including sport, are available each year, awarded on the basis of merit to pupils who show above average ability. These can be worth up to 20% of fees for either day or boarding pupils. Means-tested bursaries are also available and may be up to 100% of fees.
For details of termly costs relating to Bespoke, Development and Club players, please see the Tennis section of General and Extra Subject Fees.
5) Community programme: We offer a Saturday morning programme for under 8s and a Thursday morning programme for adults. There is no joining fee as for many clubs; costs are for lessons only, on a termly basis.
Contact Prior’s Field Tennis Academy
To contact us and find out more about our coaching options or community programme, please email tennis@ or call 01483 810551. priorsfieldschool.com